We stock and manufacture A394 Tower Bolts and Step Bolts that meet all ASTM Specifications.
We can custom manufacture any size of step bolt to any type of A394 Bolt you require.
We can supply and manufacture Tower bolts ranging in diameter from ½” – 1” and to any length that you require.
We can supply Tower bolts and Step bolts that will pass Charpy V-Notch testing that are required for certain specific projects.
|Nominal Size, in||Minimum Tensile Load, lbp|
|Type 0B||Types 1 and 3C|
Tensile stength based on the thread stress area A is calculated as follows:
where D = nominal Diameter, and
N = threads per inch.
B Based on 74,000 psi unit tensile strength.
C Based on 120,000 psi unit tensile strength.
A394 Tower Bolts come in the following Types/grades:
- Type 0 – Hot-dip zinc coated bolts made of low or medium carbon steel
- Type 1 – Hot-dip zinc coated bolts made of medium carbon steel, quenched and tempered
- Type 2 – Withdrawn in 2005
- Type 3 – Bare (uncoated). quenched and tempered bolts made of weathering steel
THE MOST COMMON TOWER BOLT USED IS TYPE 1
Unless otherwise specified, all nuts on these bolts shall be hex style and conform to the requirements of Specification A563; See below for bolt nut combinations.
Bolt Type Nut Grade Finish
0 A hot-dip zinc-coated
1 DH hot-dip zinc-coated
3 DH3 plain
- Suitable washers for use with Type 0 are hot-dip zinc-coated carbon-steel washers with dimensions that are in accordance with Specification F436.
- Suitable washers for use With Type 1 bolts are hot-dip zinc- coated Type 1 hardened-steel washers that are in accordance with Specification F436.
- Suitable washers for use with Type 3 bolts are Type 3 hardened-steel washers that are in accordance with Specification F436.